combining individual icloud storage plan with apple one family plan

I have an individual 2TB storage plan. 

I then subscribed to apple one family package. 

I let the other members of my family to use the 200GB icloud storage from the family package. 

Now my own 2TB storage is only half full while the family package is full. I’d like to combine my 2TB to the family plan. 

How can I combine my plans? That is, how can I share the larger storage with the rest of my family - perhaps moving it to apple one subscription? 

If I try to activate the family icloud storage plan in order to upgrade it, it says I already have the 2TB icloud plan available. If I try to switch to family plan I get an error message ”cannot use family plan” - the data you’re currently storing doesn’t fit to the family plan. So I cannot see the option to upgrade the family plan while I have the individual plan in place. 

What are my options?

Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jun 30, 2024 10:05 AM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2024 8:26 AM in response to Hannu Mikkola

See if your scenario is addressed in: What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

If not, ask APple:

Refer to this page for Apple Support features ➔ Contact - Official Apple Support

Select from the presented options until you find a solution for your issue, or see if there is a chat or phone call contact method offered lower on the page (you sometimes have to narrow down the options multiple times before this is shown). If you do not see your issue, keep experimenting with any series of selections until you reach one that offers a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

This page has telephone numbers for contacting Apple for support and service ➔ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

combining individual icloud storage plan with apple one family plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.