Whenever I try to delete a file, I am met with a loading screen and it seems that my files are unable to be deleted

I have a MacBook Air. I just updated to MacOS Sonoma from Monterey. I am not sure I'm remembering right, but I'm pretty sure that this issue only started after I updated the OS.

Whenever I try and delete a file, or try and drag it into the trash, I am met with a loading screen with this response:

Moving "file_name" to "Bin"

Items to delete: 1

Then it seems that this loading screen goes on indefinitely and none of my files ever get deleted.

Also, I believe that this problem seems to only be with certain files; the ones that cannot be deleted also cannot be opened and viewed. The problematic files also have the word "Error" under them:

Thank you to anyone who helps! This isn't necessarily a pressing issue, but I want to be able to delete things!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 30, 2024 8:36 PM

There are no replies.

Whenever I try to delete a file, I am met with a loading screen and it seems that my files are unable to be deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.