Why is my Apple account recovery taking so long?

So broken screen, apple id recovery takes forever, everyweek they postponed for another! Its just unbelievable hard to recover your own pasword! Why its so complicated?

Bought another phone in full, nothing works if you cant recover the apple id! Anyone who recovered, how long it did take? Thank you!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 30, 2024 9:08 PM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2024 7:23 AM in response to Ellemf

From: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer." - see the document for more details.

"Check the status of your request

At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to https://iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID."

I have never needed account recovery. From what others have said on the forum it can take several weeks. Nobody replying here works for Apple so we don't really know more than that.

Why is my Apple account recovery taking so long?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.