📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Maps location when use and always changes itselfs

Hello, from the moment I changed the location in the location settings in the Google Maps application from the "when I use" option to the "always" option after 2 days, the iPhone itself changes these functions to the previous option. I would like the “always” feature to be running all the time due to the ability to share location tracking.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 30, 2024 10:00 PM

6 replies

Jul 1, 2024 9:31 PM in response to Marcingawpl

The Google Maps community replied that this is not a problem on the application side but the iOS system. They argued that iOS itself changes this setting probably due to energy saving and that's where the problem lies. The application itself will never change these settings. Also, please help with the topic and once again I emphasize that in my other phone with iOS this problem does not occur.

Google Maps location when use and always changes itselfs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.