You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The videos look like they are on overexposed film

Hello! I bought iPhone 15 (128 Gb) in Hong Kong this New Year and noticed one strange feature: when I download a video to my laptop, the color rendering becomes kind of strange. It looks like an overexposed film. At first I thought that the reason for this was the bright sun, but on the old iPhone SE (2017) there is no such problem, although there is a camera with a lower resolution. I didn't change the camera settings, except for shooting at 60 fps. What is this strange effect - maybe someone has encountered it? Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 1, 2024 3:58 AM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2024 12:05 AM in response to SravanKrA

In general, yes, I expect to see better results on the camera of the 2023 phone compared to the camera of the 2017 phone. And I'm not a professional photographer, but this quality confuses not only me, but also my friends. That's why I'm asking - maybe I've knocked down some settings. I find it hard to believe that the solution to the problem is "buy yourself a normal camera." It's like offering to buy yourself a sports car if you don't have money for public transport.

The videos look like they are on overexposed film

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.