Must constantly log in apple ID, ID then locked, must unlock, locks again in minutes, constantly!

This occurs across all my Apple devices, iPhone 12, TV, iPad mini, new MacBook Pro, ancient MacBook White. I DO NOT use 2 factor ID because we had an issue with locking out without cell service. The condition is worst on iPhone because I can't skip notification, I have to close it like 14 times to be able to use phone or go thru the ritual of: log in apple id password, apple id is locked, unlock apple id by answering security questions? enter birthday, answer question 1, then question 2, unlock with password. But, Apple id in settings isn't unlocked, must enter password there. too. Maybe it will lock again, maybe not. It is worst on podcast, where this must be done to stop the notification "log in with your apple id" only to have it reappear within 3 minutes! Interestingly, Mac and TV seem to only need this once each session, iOs phone and iPad it is endless, every time, every few minutes. This seems to have started, maybe last november? I have talked to Apple Support twice, they have tried having me log in on all device, log out of Apple iCloud, log back in, then say just use 2f ID. These have not worked. I think it is a bug or conflict, Apple says can't help. One other weird thing is went to "update all" apps on iPhone, 114 out of 119 were "unable to update at this time". But they all show the blue dot. Who knows if they updated or not? There may have been a conflict with my spouses' apple id at the App store, it seemed to default to that though my phone was logged into my account. I think. Anyone have any ideas? This is really affecting the utility of my devices! BTW, there were similar complaints in the forums. Now, can't seem to find them. mystery.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 1, 2024 9:14 PM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2024 9:52 PM in response to Clatter

Here are some common solutions you can attempt:

1. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...
  2. If not resolved; please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly
  3. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    1. Restart the device. That's it.
    2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  4. Make sure you have the latest updates installed. Update using iTunes/Finder —> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)
  5. You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, following the steps in this article.
    1. You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
    2. The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
    3. Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures. 
    4. You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
    5. Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.
    6. Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of the above issues:
  6. Please follow the steps in the following Apple Video for support with this issue:

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

Jul 1, 2024 9:52 PM in response to Clatter

Apple ID and Activation Lock

iCloud uses Apple ID credentials.

If you do not remember the Apple ID Password then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you do not remember the Apple ID then follow the steps given in this Apple Article -> If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you are the owner or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their Apple ID.

Jul 1, 2024 9:53 PM in response to Clatter

Probably you are using Multiple IDs for multiple servcies.

Use the same Apple ID every time you sign-in to use all Apple services like the App Store, iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime.

Where can I use my Apple ID?

You can sign in to all Apple services with a single Apple ID and password.

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. It contains the email address and password you use to sign in, plus all of the contacts, payment, and security details you use for all Apple services.

Here are some of the most common services that you can access to your Apple ID:

• App Store & Apple Arcade
  • Apple Books
  • Apple Music & Music Purchases
  • Apple News
  • Apple Online Store
  • Apple Pay, Apple Card and Apple Cash 
  • Apple Podcasts
  • Apple Retail Services and Programs (Concierge, Joint Venture, Workshops and Youth Programs)
  • Apple Store App
  • Apple Support Communities
  • AppleTV, Apple TV +, and Apple TV channels
  • FaceTime
  • ShareFamilies
  • Find My
  • Game Center
  • iCloud
  • iMessage
  • iTunes
  • Sign in to Apple

To manage your Apple ID account to your information, go Apple ID accounts page .

This list is provided for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. It is not intended to include all features or services that use Apple ID. Visit for more information  Apple ID support page

FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions. 

Apple media services and features may vary by country or region. Find out more about the offers in your country or region

Must constantly log in apple ID, ID then locked, must unlock, locks again in minutes, constantly!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.