I don't receive messages that were allegedly sent

Why does it happen so often that a company says they're sending me an E-mail that never arrives? Yes, I look in the SPAM folder and elsewhere, but I can never find the messages.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 2, 2024 5:01 PM

10 replies

Jul 3, 2024 9:59 AM in response to Niku

Use an email address to sign in to Messages or FaceTime instead

You can also use your email address with iMessage and FaceTime. Sign in to your Apple ID account page and review all the email addresses you have on file, including the one that you're trying to verify. If the email address is incorrect, you can update it. Then click Resend next to the email address that you want to verify.

To select your email address to use with Messages:

1. In the Settings app, tap Messages.
  2. Tap Send & Receive, then choose your email address.

To select your email address to use with FaceTime:

1. In the Settings app, tap FaceTime.
  2. Scroll to You Can Be Reached By FaceTime At, and choose your email address.

When you use both your phone number and your email address with Messages, you might start or receive separate conversation threads with the same contacts. Set your phone number or email address as the primary way to start and receive Messages.

FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions.

If you can't turn on or sign in to Messages and FaceTime when you try on your Mac or iPad

Jul 3, 2024 10:22 AM in response to Niku

Niku wrote:

Why does it happen so often that a company says they're sending me an E-mail that never arrives? Yes, I look in the SPAM folder and elsewhere, but I can never find the messages.

Double-check with the companies that they have the correct email address. Something could have gotten mistyped somewhere along the line.

Consider that the companies made a mistake or are outright lying.

Jul 3, 2024 11:25 AM in response to Niku

Niku wrote:

Usually, I ask them to try again. This means that sometimes I don't get as many as four messages that they have sent. That's when I gave up.

I have only had that happen very rarely, only once that I can remember specifically. Most of the time I can't find an email it's because it's somewhere I wasn't expecting it to be and I just didn't find it until I looked really hard.

I don't receive messages that were allegedly sent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.