Apple Pencil 1st Generation Model A1603 Not Working

I have an apple pencil which is around 2-3 years old. It is a 1st Generation Model A1603. The device it is paired to is a 4-5 years old generation 8 Ipad.

The apple pencil does NOT work even though it is charged and connected. I have tried all these methods below:

• make sure the pencil is charged
  • screw the tip tighter
  • disconnect and reconnect the pencil multiple times

My pencil is also:

• Fully charged
  • Metal tip intact
  • Never faced severe damage

Although I have dropped it a few times, It never broke so I need to try to connect this pencil with another Apple device to see if it work because the problem may be because of my Ipad and not the pencil itself

If there are other trouble shooting methods I have missed or should do, please help me because I can’t afford another pen.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jul 2, 2024 8:26 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2024 11:19 AM in response to Lyn-

Your suggestion to try it with another compatible Apple iPad, would be what I would recommend you try next.

You can also take it to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, to have them check it out for you. Unfortunately, if they find it defective, they do not repair them and your only option (if you still want to use one) is to get a replacement.

Apple Pencil 1st Generation Model A1603 Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.