Has anyone had an update on the screen crack issue?

One week ago, the screen of my MacBook Pro M2 started to shake and then turned off for no reason. After several minutes of trying to reset and restart it, the screen came back to life. Yesterday, a thin horizontal black line appeared on the screen. Since my MacBook is still under warranty, I took it to the iPlace technician, who reported that the defect was caused by a small crack, as if it had been impacted, and refused to fix it under warranty.

I am 100% sure that the screen did not suffer any impact whatsoever. He said that it might have been caused by closing the lid with something between the keyboard and the screen, but that never happened. This is my third MacBook, and I have had ones that fell, got wet, and kept working perfectly.

It doesn't make sense for the screen to be so fragile in a MacBook Pro, designed to be used as a work tool.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 3, 2024 5:18 AM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2024 7:36 AM in response to alinepalmiro

Apple is not interested in arm-wresting with you over whose fault is broken glass. Apple policy is easy to understand (but sometimes hard to swallow).

The standard Apple warranty does not cover glass breakage AT ALL.

if you bought the extra cost available (in first 60 days of ownership) AppleCare PLUS, it covers screen replacement with a US$100 co-pay.

Has anyone had an update on the screen crack issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.