Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple and Metrolinx introduce PRESTO card for iPhone and Apple Watch. Learn more >

How to transfer contacts from and old iphone to a new one which has been used or 2 weeks

I have an old iPhone XS and a new Iphone 15 Pro which I have been using for 10 days.

At the time of setting up the new Iphone, I didn´t have my old iPhone available so I couldn´t do a backup in iCloud and transfer the contacts from one phone to the other.

Now I was able to do a backup in iCloud of the old iPhone but I can´t really import and merge the contacts from the old phone to the new one.

Any tips?

Do I need to get a 3rd party tool to do this?

Thanks

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Jul 3, 2024 10:16 AM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2024 10:19 AM in response to Danidom

Danidom wrote:

I have an old iPhone XS and a new Iphone 15 Pro which I have been using for 10 days.
At the time of setting up the new Iphone, I didn´t have my old iPhone available so I couldn´t do a backup in iCloud and transfer the contacts from one phone to the other.
Now I was able to do a backup in iCloud of the old iPhone but I can´t really import and merge the contacts from the old phone to the new one.
Any tips?
Do I need to get a 3rd party tool to do this?
Thanks

Contacts are synced to whatever cloud or mail program you use, you simply sign into said account on the 15 and enable contacts.

How to transfer contacts from and old iphone to a new one which has been used or 2 weeks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.