Iphone not Synching music from Mac manually with USB-C cable. Do not want to use iCloud or Apple Music

Trying to manually add music to iPhone from Mac via USB-C and Finder. Have tried the above. And more

I have a Mac with 200+ GB of songs in Music: added by burning Cd's. Trying to sync with iphone 13 which has an empty library after stopping iCloud which erased music. I was able to restore songs in Music with a backup on the Mac (also erased via stopping iCloud). I have turned "synching" OFF on Iphone so it will not utilize Apple Music.

Connecting via USB-C, manually synching through Finder as I do NOT want to use Apple Music or cloud storage.

The Mac shows it backs up and synchs with my phone but does not add any songs to phone. Storage stays the same.

I have done this separately, first synching phone, then manually for music. Also Tried switching to external drive where copy is stored. Have shut down and restarted both devices. I am on Mac Monterey and 16.4

It just does not want music to iPhone. Thoughts??

Thanks

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 3, 2024 3:48 PM

There are no replies.

Iphone not Synching music from Mac manually with USB-C cable. Do not want to use iCloud or Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.