You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to access Apple Music library on Laptop using Android app?

Does the Apple Music Android app also allow me to use my phone to stream mp3s that are in the Apple Music library on my laptop?

I have a lot of mp3s on my laptop that are songs not available on DSPs. I'd like to have those available with me on my phone. Can Apple Music app help? Or does anyone have an alternative solution?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 5, 2024 1:23 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2024 3:03 AM in response to mrmalkovich

Update: I learned about the Sync Library function So I've signed up for Apple Music and I activated Sync Library on Apple Music on my Macbook and it says it's in the process of syncing. But I can't find any Sync Library option on my Android. How do I set this up to work with Android?

Moreover, I'm now reading that when you choose to Sync Library, Apple *removes your local files from your computer*? This cannot be true, can it? I absolutely want to keep my local files as well as sync to icloud. Can I sync only certain playlists from my laptop Apple Music library to the cloud? Or is it all or nothing?

Is it possible to access Apple Music library on Laptop using Android app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.