You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble with hotmail/outlook accounts on my Apple Mail on my MacBook Pro

I'm having trouble with my hotmail outlook accounts on my Apple Mail on my MacBook Pro.

Microsoft sent out an email, advising people to delete their accounts and readd them using the outlook.com option. I see this option on my iphone but I don't see it in apple mail on my MacBook Pro.

So, Mail on my MacBook Pro won't synch my accounts anymore and keeps asking me to give my password over & over without recognizing it. Is anyone else facing this issue?

Posted on Jul 5, 2024 10:04 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2024 11:05 AM in response to madisonNYC

madisonNYC wrote:

I'm having trouble with my hotmail outlook accounts on my Apple Mail on my MacBook Pro.
Microsoft sent out an email, advising people to delete their accounts and readd them using the outlook.com option. I see this option on my iphone but I don't see it in apple mail on my MacBook Pro.

So, Mail on my MacBook Pro won't synch my accounts anymore and keeps asking me to give my password over & over without recognizing it. Is anyone else facing this issue?

One of our fellow users said to look here "For people using the Mail App on Mac, it should appear as "Exchange" in Settings ➜ Internet Accounts, rather than Outlook, Live or Hotmail. "

Having trouble with hotmail/outlook accounts on my Apple Mail on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.