You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Camera and FCP iPad…colors are harsh, contrasty

I’m trying FCP iPad with the Multicam editing with Final Cut Camera, and the results are not that great. I’ve been using Filmic Pro for several years and the footage coming from that is clean and sharp. Everything coming from FC Camera is blurry, the colors are harsh, it’s got too much contrast, and even with settings the same on three different iPhones, the colors coming in don’t match at all. I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, 14 Pro Max, and 15 Pro Max.

I was able to go in and try to adjust the colors manually, but they are not clean. In regular FCP, I can select a clip and tell it to match the colors with another clip. I can’t find this feature in the iPad version. Am I missing something?

Additionally, I can’t seem to figure out how to apply the color settings to the full-length camera angle. Once I’ve edited the angles, I have to copy and paste the color settings to each instance of that view. How can I color correct the whole angle, then edit? I can’t find this in any documentation.

I read in the documentation that you choose the settings for the phone on the iPad only, but you can tweak the phones individually. I’ve tried adjusting the phones, making the settings essentially the same, with no luck.

The phones are using HDR, not ProRes, and HEVC. I’m not sure which one of these settings I need. I’m making an instructional video, I’m using professional lights that are 5100K temperature. If I use Filmic Pro, the colors and video quality are great. Not on Final Cut Camera. And what I’m uploading to YouTube looks blurry and pretty contrasty (uploading from iPad Pro M4…highest quality on YouTube is 480p, and that’s after it’s finished processing the HD version).

I’d appreciate any advice…I’m pretty fluent in FCP on the Mac…but I’d really like to use the Multicam features on my iPad since I’m already using iPhones as my camera.

https://youtu.be/wPxdQuxY-Mg?si=Ut878MmJhqrK6MP7

Any advice appreciated.

iPad Pro (M4, 2024)

Posted on Jul 5, 2024 10:08 PM

1 reply

Final Cut Camera and FCP iPad…colors are harsh, contrasty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.