You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music took all my music from iTunes - How now to burn a CD?

I have a PC running Windows 11. I have used iTunes for many years, and had lots of music both downloaded from the iTunes store and ripped from CDs.

I wanted to burn a CD, but there was a problem with iTunes so I thought I would download the Apple Music app for PC to see if that made things easier. It automatically made my iTunes music available in the new Apple Music app, which looked promising. However, now there is no music at all showing in iTunes, and iTunes only has a section for podcasts and one for audiobooks - no music section at all.

As far as I can tell, I can't burn a CD from Apple Music, including the songs I have downloaded or already own on CD. I get that I can't burn a CD from songs merely streamed from Apple.

So:

(a) Is there a way to burn a playlist to a CD in Apple music for Windows PC?

(b) Is there a way to get my music back on iTunes, so I can burn it from there, as I have done for man years?

Thank you for any help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 7, 2024 1:27 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2024 1:38 PM in response to Temesvar

Update - I have resolved the immediate issue by uninstalling Apple Music, which caused my music and playlists etc to reappear in iTunes.

Not great though, as iTunes isn't the best for handling music generally. i get why Apple Music doesn't let you burn streamed songs to CD, but not why it won't let me do so for music I have actually bought.

Apple Music took all my music from iTunes - How now to burn a CD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.