You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for Windows - keep no file on disk

I would like to save some files from my Windows device in the iCloud via iCloud for Windows. However, the files should not use any disk space on my Windows pc - thus - should only be saved in the iCloud. I can see the entry in the context menu "Always keep on this device". Where is the "Never keep on this device" button? Or, how can I at least achieve a similar behavior?

Posted on Jul 8, 2024 10:26 AM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2024 11:44 AM in response to Mangosniper

Mangosniper wrote:

I would like to save some files from my Windows device in the iCloud via iCloud for Windows. However, the files should not use any disk space on my Windows pc - thus - should only be saved in the iCloud. I can see the entry in the context menu "Always keep on this device". Where is the "Never keep on this device" button? Or, how can I at least achieve a similar behavior?

Start here:

Remove iCloud files and photos to free up space on your PC - Apple Support

iCloud for Windows - keep no file on disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.