Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Iphone 14 will not connect w/ Old Nikon s9700 wifi

Hello, I got an old Nikon s9700 (2014) with wifi yesterday. When I try to connect to my iphone 14, the phone wifi shows the nikon network and asks for the password. When I enter the password it puts a checkmark next to the network but then gives a red error message “no internet connection”

I have reset the phone’s network settings, restarted both devices but I seem to be missing a setting that will let it connect to the old camera. Any suggestions?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 9, 2024 7:58 AM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2024 11:35 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thank you for your help. The utility asks that the camera be connected to the “smart device” before opening the WMU app. Also, this camera does not have bluetooth, so snapbridge type apps do not work. It may well be a Nikon utility I am needing. The Nikon web site does not support downloads to my iphone, but I see something to try (WTU) when I get home. Thank you for your answer

Iphone 14 will not connect w/ Old Nikon s9700 wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.