You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green icon suddenly dropped from iPad

I open my iPad this morning and noticed that the “green phone icon” was missing.

I attempted to restore the phone icon by going into my settings; selecting “general”; “reset”; “reset screen settings”— but no success.

Without this icon, I can’t make or receive phone calls on my iPad.

Would someone please explain why this icon suddenly disappeared from my iPad, and how I can retrieve it. Thanks!

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jul 10, 2024 11:00 AM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2024 1:44 PM in response to LotusPilot

Excuse me, but I’m not referring to an “App”. I am referring to an icon and icon that has been on my iPad ever since I’ve had my iPad and an icon that I use almost daily to connect me to my cell phone and allow me to place and receive phone calls from my iPad. This icon is no longer on my iPad screen and without it I am no longer to place or receive phone calls.—again, something which I have been able to do for years ever since I purchased the iPad.

You seem to be quite knowledgeable, so I will ask again in the hopes that you will actually answer the question which is…. What would cause this? What would cause the phone ICON to suddenly disappear, Making it impossible for me to make and or receive phone calls, and how do I restore it?

Green icon suddenly dropped from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.