You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

older IPad won’t let me change new login information

I changed my Apple ID email & password after I had multiple attempts by people to sign into my account.

I have a phone and IPad under the same account.

when I go into the iPad it keeps forcing me to use my previous email asking me to LogIn. Obviously, it won’t work but it won’t let me change to the new ID, or even Sign Out!

It gets weirder, when I click sign out it asked me to enter the password for my old email to “turn off Find My IPad”… I’m just trying to sign out!!

please help!

iPad (4th generation)

Posted on Jul 12, 2024 5:43 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2024 3:36 AM in response to brehiett

Have you created a new AppleID account (identified by a different email address) - or have you updated your existing AppleID account to change the email address that identifies the account?

Your description would suggest the former - and this is the likely crux of the issue...

Consider that an AppleID account is intended to be used for life. If you need to change the primary email address that identifies your account, recovery email address or trusted telephone numbers, you simply need to update your AppleID account as necessary.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Few of us will have the luxury of forever keeping the same email addresses or telephone numbers - sometimes these needing to be changed for a variety of reasons. However, updating our AppleID account, maintaining access to our data and purchases, is easy and relatively straightforward - accommodating life’s many changes as they occur. Using a completely different AppleID account can introduce many complications and issues, not limited to losing access to paid Apps, subscriptions and services - these being forever tied to the AppleID account from which they were purchased.

Assuming that you accept the implications of using an entirely different AppleID account, you will first need to disable the Activation Lock - and then fully sign-out from your current AppleID account. After successfully signing-out, you can sign-in using a different AppleID account - noting that you will have lost access to any purchased Apps or subscription services purchased with your original AppleID.

older IPad won’t let me change new login information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.