You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to locate my stolen iPhone as FindMy is disabled?

Hi my iphone 15promax has been stolen just few days after I got it and my find my iphone has been disabled and the phone keeps saying offline please what else can I do to locate it I'm really depressed I need my phone back

Iphone 15promax

IOS 17:1

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 14, 2024 8:24 AM

4 replies

Jul 14, 2024 8:35 AM in response to Erphyia

Find My has not been disabled if you seeing an "Offline" message. You are seeing "Offline" for one or more of the following reasons:

• The battery has run down
  • The phone was powered off
  • The phone does not have an Internet connection where it is currently located

There is nothing more that you can do at this point other than keep checking every few hours to see if the status of the phone has changed.

Be extremely careful if you receive a message from "Apple" or "Apple Support" indicating that your phone has been found, and you just need to provide a few more details so the phone can be returned to you.

Apple does not get involved with lost or stolen phones, so you know that any message like this that you might receive is a scam that is trying to trick you into providing your Apple ID and Password so the bad guys can get into your phone. Ignore and delete any messages like this.

Jul 14, 2024 8:54 AM in response to Erphyia

As Bob Timmons correctly suggests, Find My is NOT disabled for the very reasons he suggested. And he's also correct in letting you know your carrier will not try to track the phone for you, nor will Apple. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices.

The sad reality is stolen devices are rarely, if ever recovered. Ask your carrier to blacklist the phone and be prepared to buy a new phone. If you invested in an AppleCare+ Lost or Stolen device plan, this wouldn't be an expensive issue, but if you didn't, you'll have pay the full cost of replacing your phone. You can check with the issuer of your credit card used to make the purchase and see if they have any options if your device was stolen.

Sorry this happened to you.

How to locate my stolen iPhone as FindMy is disabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.