You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot log into my apple id

I tried logging out of my apple id on my macbook a few weeks ago. When trying to log out, it just got stuck on "logging out..." and never actually logged out. I rebooted and it showed I was still logged in, but certain features, like Messages and Notes were not syncing properly. I kept attempting to log out and finally succeeded last week.

However, then I was unable to log back in. When I enter my password, the login modal shows a loading state for a few seconds and then it just refreshes. I don't see any error messages.

A colleague suggested it might be related to keychain, so I tried resetting default keychains, but I have a similar issue - the prompt to enter my password pops up and after entering it, it just reloads the password modal but doesn't reset anything.

In addition to trying to reset keychains, I've tried resetting my apple id password and rebooting my computer multiple times.

Posted on Jul 15, 2024 1:58 PM

There are no replies.

Cannot log into my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.