You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover money from a rental scam on Facebook Marketplace?

I thought i was renting a house on Facebook marketplace and paid application fees, deposits on the house, utilities and lawyer fees through several payments totaling $1300. Since then I have found a website stating from the owner of the property that it was neither for sale or rent, so i was scammed. How do I dispute all the payments I made?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Jul 15, 2024 6:33 PM

2 replies

Jul 15, 2024 6:57 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

What payment method did you you use?

You can only dispute the payments with the bank that issued the credit card. Apple Pay just facilitates the transaction securely that you initiate. Hopefully you did not use Apple Cash, as that is only to be used to send cash to people you know as there are no protections provided like you will find on most credit cards. Using Apple Cash would be just like giving someone on the street $1300, with your only recourse to ask them for you money back. Specifically for Apple Cash you can review this Support Article for additional information:

Send and receive money with Apple Cash - Apple Support

How can I recover money from a rental scam on Facebook Marketplace?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.