You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple-ID/icloud/Mail login-fails stating "is already signed in to iCloud"

MacBook Pro, Catalina, MacOs 10.15

I signed-out from iCloud on my MacBook Pro and wanted to sign-in again.

On my MacBook Pro

I went to: "Apple"-->System Preferences-->AppleID

I typed my apple-ID and my password

error message: "XYZ@icloud.com is already signed in to iCloud."

"To use this Apple ID as your primary iCloud account, delete it from Internet Accounts and sign in again."

I checked "internet accounts" and cleared the account on the list (which was my second email account from a different provider, which on my Mac is not linked to "mail", but in my iPhone, both, my iCloud.com and the other are linked to "Mail")

I tried again (after restart of computer)

Still, I receive the same error message.

I removed the MacBook Pro from "devices" on my iPhone (app-ID --> devices)

I signed-out my iPhone (15pro, iOS 17.5.1) from iCloud and then tried to log-in with my Apple-ID on my MacBook Pro.

Still does not work.

On my iPhone "Apple-ID", the MacBook Pro is listed again as a device (same as apple TV3 and iPad 2nd generation) even though I removed it before (see above).

How to resolve, so that I can sign-in with my Apple-ID on my MacBook Pro (incl. Mail)?

I appreciate any guidance. Thank you.

Screenshot: (note: all "internet accounts" have been deleted)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 17, 2024 10:39 AM

There are no replies.

Apple-ID/icloud/Mail login-fails stating "is already signed in to iCloud"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.