You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to upload photos to iCloud from my MacBook with error "The file size is invalid".

Hi, I have 2 TB on iCloud, but when I try to upload my photos from Mac, I have this error: "The file size is invalid". How I can fix it? The extension of the photos is .jpg and the dimension is very low

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 20, 2024 5:15 AM

11 replies

Jul 20, 2024 8:12 AM in response to Fla25

Can you give us more information?

• How do you "try to upload my photos from Mac?" What buttons do you push, and in what apps? Details are important. Where are you "uploading" this picture from? Photos, or a Finder folder, or what?
  • Do you synchronize your Mac with iCloud Photos?

If so, do you have “Optimize Storage” checked in Photos’ Settings

• Where does your Mac Photos Library reside-- in the Pictures folder of your internal drive, or on an external drive? or on a network? on iCloud drive?

Let us know the details so we can help...

Jul 20, 2024 8:51 AM in response to Fla25

I know that you had already said small files.

The rest of the questions?

• Where does your Mac Photos Library reside-- in the Pictures folder of your internal drive, or on an external drive? or on a network? on iCloud drive?
  • How is your hdd formatted?
  • What else have you tried?
  • How many pictures at once? does 1 picture at a time work?
  • Suppose you drag the picture to your internal drive, and then try dragging it to iCloud Photos-- what happens?

The questions may not seem relevant, but, really, I asked them to eliminate certain possibilities.

Jul 20, 2024 9:13 AM in response to Fla25

There are at least 6 questions, here. Are you not seeing them? If you can't read these questions, you may need to contact Apple Support:

https://getsupport.apple.com

The rest of the questions?

• How is your hdd formatted?
  • What else have you tried?
  • How many pictures at once? does 1 picture at a time work?
  • Suppose you drag the picture to your internal drive, and then try dragging it to iCloud Photos-- what happens?

The questions may not seem relevant, but, really, I asked them to eliminate certain possibilities.

Unable to upload photos to iCloud from my MacBook with error "The file size is invalid".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.