You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad stuck on apple logo

I’ve had this thing since like 2016-2017 and its worked like a dream. Never had any problems. Always in great condition. Yesterday I was using it like normal, no issues with it. Today I plugged it in because it was getting low and the charge seemed slow. Thought it was weird so I set it down and went and did something else. After about 10 minutes I saw it was starting to boot back up after dying. I left it alone to charge. 6 hours later it was still booting up. It never left the apple logo screen. Kept shutting off then booting up back and forth. I started looking up why it was doing it. Found some answers and tried fixing it. Restarting it by holding the home and power buttons did nothing except now it doesn’t even turn off. Just the apple logo. I tried hooking it up to my computer and restoring it. PC made the sound that it connected but i couldn’t fine the device anywhere. I’ve tried just holding the power button. Nothing. This thing has been perfect for 7-8 years. Then overnight boom its breaking. I don’t have the money to buy another $500 device. I just want mine fixed without losing all my storage on the thing.

Posted on Jul 24, 2024 4:56 PM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2024 4:12 AM in response to merety

As described your iPad battery may have a fault, or due to its age, may be reaching the end of its usable life. If the battery has failed or is failing, the iPad may unexpectedly turn-off - or may not successfully boot to a running state even when connected to its Power Adapter.

Rechargeable batteries are consumable items that will eventually fail - and must be replaced:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

You might instead visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Ipad stuck on apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.