You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Sync Insanity

Upon upgrading my current iPhone for a newer one, it was clear to me that I would need to increase my iCloud storage so that I could keep and store my photos/videos there before turning in this current iPhone for credit.

Since then, I have amazingly received the new iPhone, the case I ordered elsewhere, the tempered glass too, and I have been syncing photos for 10 days……and I’m still “syncing” photos to iCloud. In fact, I’m syncing more photos than I literally have- according to the numbers presented in settings> iCloud>Photos On> Status. Why?

Before you answer please see what I’ve done:

1) I purchased enough iCloud storage prior to adding photos to iCloud sync. My photos/videos are less than 10% of my storage limit.

2) My phone is consistently charged. No need to have my phone “pause sync”.

3) My internet speed is good. No one else is hogging the WiFi.

4) My Data plan is “Unlimited”. Both WiFi and Data are on.

5) I am frequently checking the message at the bottom of “Library” to see that it is syncing.

6) I have tried the apple community advice of:

• Restart Phone
  • Restart Sync this iPhone for photos in settings. (I haven’t done this for a few days now).

7) I have read other people’s advice such as, “Restart your router.”

8) I definitely have the newest iOS.

I’m probably missing a handful of things that I have read about and have considered or even tried.

I’ve even manually gone through and have deleted over 4,000+ blurry photos and pointless or accidental videos.

At some point, I have to turn this current phone in by shipping it out and I’d really like to start using my new phone. 10 days of syncing to the cloud is pretty patient for uploading less than 170GB.

Can anyone help me here??

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 25, 2024 2:36 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud Sync Insanity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.