How to recover disappeared notes and emails on iPhone?

the majority of my notes and emails disappeared yesterday

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 26, 2024 12:37 AM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2024 12:49 AM in response to Delunatic

Delunatic Said:

"Lost notes and emails: the majority of my notes and emails disappeared yesterday"

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have lost the Notes, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Check "Recently Deleted":

1. Go Here: If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Check your Recently Deleted folder
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup. Note that the iOS backup version must be of the same version as what is installed.

C. Getting Notes from iPhone-to-Computer Backup:

You Can't: Notes are not stored in iPhone-to-Computer backups, as they are backed up in iCloud.

• Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,[...]"

Jul 26, 2024 12:50 AM in response to Delunatic

Delunatic Said:

"Lost notes and emails: the majority of my notes and emails disappeared yesterday"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost eMails:

I. Check your eMail Provider's Site:

You likely are running out of space, and your eMails are being deleted to make room as more and more come in. Remember that you are only granted a certain amount of space. So, do you see this when you directly log in to the eMail provider on their Web site? If not, then it is an issue with your current user on device. If so, then it is something you should ask your eMail provider about.

II. Retrieving eMails:

A. Open Other Folders: Look in the Trash ro Archived folders. See if they reside in there.

B. Check Other Device's Mail App:

• If Mail was enabled on your other devices (i.e. Mac) along with your iPhone computer, then check and see if the Messages app is enabled on it to see if it exists in it. For a Mac, you'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Mail app. Then proceed from there with retrieving the eMail messages.
  • IMPORTANT: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection. Go here to Learn how to Export it: Import or Export Mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

How to recover disappeared notes and emails on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.