How can I completely disable Voice Control on my iPhone?

I’m hoping that this has changed but it seems like it hasn’t. I’m new to iPhone and I’m trying to fully disable voice control. I’ve disabled in accessibility but it will still trigger when using headphones.

it has also randomly activated without the headphones on a handful of occasions.

can this be completely disabled? I don’t use this function and have absolutely no need or interest in it.

it seems crazy to me that it would not be possible to disable it entirely.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 8, 2024 12:06 PM

6 replies

Aug 13, 2024 3:27 PM in response to Spanishbiscuit

Wondering if, as mentioned above, you also turned the main switch of Voice Control off.

"When you open settings, search voice control.

Tap voice control and then turn the main switch of voice control off."

Also, another article: Turn off Classic Voice Control on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

says:

"If you're using a headset, and it unexpectedly activates Siri or Classic Voice Control, make sure that your headset is fully inserted into the device. If you have a loose or poor headset connection, frayed cables, or moisture on the connector or remote, it might unexpectedly activate Siri or Classic Voice Control.

If the issue persists, try using a different headset."

If you are using third-party (non-Apple) headphones:

You may want to also check with the headphones manufacturer whether any separate controls/settings would help prevent triggering Voice Control. (Eg: Try searching the support / help pages on their website, or use their contact details.)

Aug 8, 2024 4:44 PM in response to Spanishbiscuit

Hi Spanishbiscuit

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "How can I completely disable Voice Control on my iPhone?"

See if the answer suggested in the discussion thread below works for you, with your headphgones:

How do I disable voice control completely? - Apple Community

Eg: says:

"In order to disable voice control on bluetooth headsets,

Launch Settings and select Accessibility.

Select the Home button or Side Button.

On the new menu, you will find Voice Control under “Press and Hold to Speak”.

You'll have three options to choose from. Siri, Voice Control or Off.

Select Off to prevent voice control on your Bluetooth headphones."

and, if needed:

"When you open settings, search voice control.

Tap voice control and then turn the main switch of voice control off."

All the best :-)

Aug 15, 2024 7:31 AM in response to Spanishbiscuit

Spanishbiscuit wrote:

The switch is disabled as we, and they’re wireless headphones that otherwise show no indication that there is a connectivity issue. “Use a different headset” is a non answer probably intended to push you towards airpods rather than providing an actual solution.

Do you, by any chance, have something enabled in Settings> Accessibility>Accessibility Shortcut? Make sure that's turned off.

How can I completely disable Voice Control on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.