Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared printing no longer working since security update today.

I have an early 2006 iMac with 10.6.4 and a Canon iP4300 ink jet connected to a USB port. Today I installed the latest security update offered by Software Update to my iMac and my wife's 1st generation MacBook Air (which also has 10.6.4). She can no longer print to my printer but I can still print directly to it. I have turned printer sharing off and back on, deleted the printer from her Air and tried to add it again. It finds no printer. She has rebooted her Air with no change. Suggestions welcome.

20" Intel Core Duo iMAC, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2 GB Ram, Canon iP4300, CanoScan 4400F, EyeTV 200

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 8:35 PM

1 reply

Aug 25, 2010 8:55 PM in response to WebSailor

An update to my own problem. My wife informs me that she has not tried printing since before a router change, so I am probably wrong to blame the security update done today. We recently switched to Telus Optik Internet (part fibre, part copper pair to the house) and they supplied a new D-Link DVA-G3810BN router. I suspect this is somehow blocking the printer sharing. Any ideas what ports I could try opening up to resolve this?

Shared printing no longer working since security update today.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.