5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2010 5:04 AM by John Bull
Living In A Box Level 1 (0 points)
I have to export 400 or so emails from Mail into one PDF document to enter into evidence for a legal case. Does anyone know how I would go about this? Many thanks in advance for the loan of your esteemed brains.

Message was edited by: Living In A Box

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 17" 2.33GHz 3GB RAM
  • John Bull Level 1 (95 points)
    You could try this, and it's probably better if you have these messages stored offline. (A bit quicker)

In Mail, select all the messages you wish to 'export'.

Create a new mail - it doesn't have to have an address.

Click in the main body of the mail (the message section.)

If all your mails are still selected, go to 'Edit > Append Selected Messages'.

This should add your selection to your new mail, though it might take some time with 400 messages.

Now choose to print this mail.

In the print dialogue box at bottom left, you should see a button marked 'PDF'. If you click on this, you'll see an option to 'Save as PDF'
  • Living In A Box Level 1 (0 points)
    Bingo! Many, many thanks. Have just tested it on 20 emails or so and it worked a dream so don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with more. Thank you again.
    You're welcome.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to mark this question as answered, thereby giving me a 'credit'

All the best!
  • Living In A Box Level 1 (0 points)
    Done! And thanks again. Actually, I clicked 'solved' the first time but it didn't go through for some reason.
    Well, that's computers for you . . .

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Regards, John