iCloud login from… where?

My wife received notice over night that a web browser was used to sign in to her iCloud account, but nothing further. Okay, so Apple doesn’t want to tell her the IP address from which the login occurred… I don’t know why, but whatever. Why doesn’t the email say from where the login occurred?

I saw an earlier query (2021) where a respondent replied that “None of that data is logged nor available.” Of course that is not true. Apple absolutely knows the IP address of browser’s signing in to iCloud, and that IP address is absolutely logged. It’s not available to “me” or, in this case, my wife, but the that’s a technology decision by Apple to not include the IP or location of the IP in the notice. WHY?

The respondent to that earlier query also wrote: “If your AppleID is still signed in on any given device…” (emphasis mine). Why does Apple not maintain “last logged in from <ip>” and surface that information AFTER someone logged out? These things are easy. C’mon, Apple!

Posted on Aug 20, 2024 11:58 AM

There are no replies.

iCloud login from… where?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.