You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Voice control turned off yet turning on when I swipe up and open my phone or just randomly while I’m using it

I have an iPhone 15 pro max running 17.5.1. Occasionally when I swipe up and open my phone or at other seemingly random times the screen becomes tinted blue and displays “voice control.” It is not reliably reproducible as far as I can tell, seems to occur somewhat randomly but may just not have happened enough times for me to notice any pattern.

I have voice control turned off in accessibility and have nothing turned on in accessibility shortcuts.

What could possibly be causing this?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 7, 2024 10:50 PM

There are no replies.

Voice control turned off yet turning on when I swipe up and open my phone or just randomly while I’m using it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.