You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Can’t Unpair Apple Watch or Remove the App

I went swimming with my Apple Watch, thinking it was waterproof and it died. I am unable to unpair it from Bluetooth, nor delete the app. It does not show up on my devices list in the Find My app. What do I do? It is a series 7.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 10

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 8:33 AM

5 replies

Sep 8, 2024 3:55 PM in response to Kaylina88

Apple Watches are not water-proof, they are water-resistant. They have water-resistant seals that over time, depending on what the watch experiences, can be damaged

About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

The series 7 has been around for going on three years. The seals on yours could have been damaged in that time.

If it was water damaged it is likely time to replace it.

You should be able to remove it from your Apple Account with these steps;

• Go to www.iCloud.com/find
  • Sign in with your Apple ID, email address or phone number, then enter your password
  • Select the watch
  • Click Erace This Device

M1 Mac mini, macOS 14.6.1;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 10.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 17.6; HomePods, audioOS 17.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Sep 8, 2024 7:13 PM in response to varjak paw

I have:

iPhone 12 with iOS 17.6.1

Macbook Air 13-inch, M3, 2024 with MacOS Sonoma 14.5

Apple Watch Series 7

I went to unpair from bluetooth list and it says to use the apple watch app. I go to the app and try to reset and it says it needs to connect to the watch first. I try to delete the app and it says I need to unpair the watch first. I go to the Find My app and it doesn't appear in the list. I go to icloud.com/find and likewise it does not appear in the list.

Sep 9, 2024 5:12 AM in response to Kaylina88

Thanks. At this point I'm lacking suggestions. I suppose you can just ignore the Watch app and not worry about it. It's not going to hurt anything, and you can remove it from the Home Screen so it's not taking up screen space. Restoring your iPhone to factory settings might get rid of it completely, but that seems to me an extreme step unless there's a reason you really need to delete the Watch app.

Regards.

Can’t Unpair Apple Watch or Remove the App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.