You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

how to remove Apple ID

I logged into apple id from a free bank account, I needed to download the application, but I didn’t have time to log out of my account because... changed the password, I do not have access to their email and number

Is it possible to somehow log out of this apple id and log into your own without resetting the factory settings?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 8, 2024 9:21 PM

6 replies

Sep 9, 2024 3:32 AM in response to yanchik555

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Check the requirements and steps at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not detail what currently constitutes proof other than it “must include the product serial number, IMEI or MEID.” Apple may typically require the original receipt* issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller. If Apple resets the device this will give you access to the device but won't restore access to the account used to lock it. There is nothing that can be done to expedite an Activation Lock request.

*Apple recommends you "Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device" --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

Sep 8, 2024 10:10 PM in response to yanchik555

It sounds like you may have been scammed if I am understanding your post. You should never enter an Apple ID into your phone that is not yours. People will try and talk you into this for a number of reasons. Once you enter the Apple ID, all they need to do is change the password and your device is now locked to their account.

You are now stuck proving the device is actually yours and not the person's who has their Apple ID in there. This will require the original purchase receipt from Apple or Authorized Apple Seller to remove the lock that is now on your device. A third party receipt will not be accepted. With that information, you can start a support request to remove the lock by following the link at the bottom of this Support Article:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Activation Lock is a feature on your device that prevents anyone from being able to use your phone if it is stolen. The device is locked to your Apple ID and if they attempt to reset it, then they will see the Activation Lock Screen that tells them that it is Locked to the Owner. The only way to remove the lock is to enter the Apple ID and Password or use the link above with the documentation to remove the lock.

how to remove Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.