📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

How to Prevent Audi Phone Box Wireless Charger from Activating Apple Wallet?

I have an Audi with a phone box wireless charging pad, and every time I place my iPhone on it to charge, Apple Wallet keeps popping up, showing my cards for contactless payments. I understand this is due to the NFC chip in the phone, but is there a way to prevent this from happening while still being able to use wireless charging?

Thank you!

iPhone 13, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 10, 2024 3:29 PM

1 reply

Sep 10, 2024 6:17 PM in response to AX000

All I can say is I also have a wireless charging pad on my 2024 Chevrolet and this does not happen, ever. An auto wireless charging pad really has nothing to do with NFC so your issue is obviously not expected behavior. Therefore there is no option to turn off something that should not be happening in the first place. Yours is the very first report of this as far as I know.

How to Prevent Audi Phone Box Wireless Charger from Activating Apple Wallet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.