You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

HYSA for international student

I am a 4th year student with F-1 visa in the US. I file taxes as a non-resident alien and have a permanent US address. I have an Apple credit card but I do not know if I am eligible for their savings account. I called the customer service but they provided no answer. Can anybody help?

Posted on Sep 13, 2024 11:13 PM

3 replies

Sep 14, 2024 5:14 AM in response to shelly021

Then you qualify to apply for an account. The caveat is if you’re not going to be in the US much longer. Apple Savings account does not really support overseas transfers of funds. You’d have to maintain a US bank account to move funds around. The costs would negate most advantages of the HYSA.

Please review the information in the Apple Support article I’ve linked below. The article explains opening an account and has link to apply and links to articles on transferring funds and withdrawals etc.

Set up and use Savings in Apple Wallet - Apple Support

HYSA for international student

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.