Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transparent network storage for osx (NAS or similar)

I would like to move to an SSD drive for my imac C2D (requires getting rid of all big local data) and consolidate all my large files in one place. My current set up:

- iMac C2D with a 1TB disk (about 700GB used for iPhoto [soon aperature or lightroom], Music and home video)
- HTPC running Linux with about 500GB of dvd's backed up to disk
- Gigabit network with Airport extreme / HP Procurve switch

The first logical thought was to get a NAS that supports AFP or NFS (OSX) and NFS (htpc). However I would really like everything to be transparent in use. I understand that iPhoto and possibly iTunes would not like being on any other filesystem then HFS+?

Anyone solved such a question? Is teh solution to use iscsi for osx so I can format the disk locally (and if so is the current solution really stable enough?)

What would another option be?

Macbook Pro / iMac C2D, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 26, 2010 8:03 AM

There are no replies.

Transparent network storage for osx (NAS or similar)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.