📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

my iPhone 16 pro dropped WiFi connection when restoring data from my iPhone XS

I attempted to set up my iPhone 16 pro from my iPhone XS. The 16 pro found the XS and performed all the initial setup (e.g. Apple ID, Apple wallet, location services etc.). Then came the step to migrate my data and apps. It estimated the transfer would take 10 to 15 minutes. At this point it disabled WiFi and switched to 5Ge. During the transfer the time estimate changed to 8 hours and just hung. How do I make it use WiFi or at least Bluetooth? Both are enabled and work on my XS.

iPhone 16 Pro

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 1:24 PM

There are no replies.

my iPhone 16 pro dropped WiFi connection when restoring data from my iPhone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.