You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Touch ID not working after updating to Mac OS Sequoia on iMac M3 (SOLVED)

I wanted to report a problem I SOLVED independently after the update in question.

Basically Touch ID was disabled and not only was it not proposed to login but in the System Preferences all the entries on where to use it were not editable.

I found old posts here and on reddit about the same problem (but after the update to Sonoma) where it was suggested to delete the files com.apple.keyboardservicesd.plist and com.apple.Keyboard-Settings.extension.plist (i’ve actually found the first one only)

You can find it in ~/Library/Preferences/ 

After a restart the Mac located the keyboard again and everything worked properly again.

If you have the same problem, try this solution. 😉

iMac 24″

Posted on Sep 22, 2024 11:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2024 5:07 PM

I had this same exact problem with my iMac M1 after upgrading to Sequoia, and all I had to do to fix it was disconnect the Bluetooth keyboard from the menu bar icon, power down the keyboard, power it back on, and reconnect the Bluetooth.

10 replies

Touch ID not working after updating to Mac OS Sequoia on iMac M3 (SOLVED)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.