You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi on my MacBook running macOS Sonoma 14.6.1

MacBook Air (M1) MacOS 14.6.1

Details: Before forced re-install of v. 14.x.x, WiFi/bluetooth/Ethernet all worked perfectly. Attempted to update v. 14.x.x on the Air. Catastrophic failure. Only solution was a clean install (format drive - then new install.) Operation successful.

Brought up communication connections. Ethernet automatically connected -. Internet, no issues. Air sees and connects to HP printer. However machine will not connect to either Bluetooth or WiFi. The Air can ‘see’ both options, e.g., the WiFi device is seen by its name but all attempts to connect fail. Multiple attempts in multiple ways all end up the same. Multiple attempts include attempting connection via Settings menu. Reboot, repeat 4x. Shutdown, repeat 3x.  

Even more joy has arrived as I’ve attempted to start the iCloud on the air. Again, this works perfectly on the other devices. It goes off into neverever land, then wants a password. That is provided. (Copy and pasted from password keeper - Secrets. [Excellent software. Recommended.]) No matter how many attempts nor a variety of approaches allows connection. See image below.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: The desktop (MacMini (pro M2), the 12.1” iPad, and the iPhone 15 all work fine. Both WiFi and Bluetooth work without issues. In other words, the WiFi server is NOT the problem.

Screen shots. Note that in both the server - Torreon - is available. Again attempting to connect goes into infinite spin, or denies connection.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.7

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 1:26 PM

There are no replies.

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi on my MacBook running macOS Sonoma 14.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.