You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Log-in issues after Sequoia Update

First time that Sequoia was installing it was interrupted. Re-installed after starting in safe mode, but having issues logging in to my user name. Seems like the loading bar gets stuck about 75% of the way. Any ideas or suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 6:27 PM

12 replies

Sep 29, 2024 2:05 AM in response to ct_1991

ct_1991 wrote:

First time that Sequoia was installing it was interrupted. Re-installed after starting in safe mode, but having issues logging in to my user name. Seems like the loading bar gets stuck about 75% of the way. Any ideas or suggestions?

Patience , patience and more patience is suggested

You are not alone with this

Running a M1 machine and the Loading Bar, from a cold boot, will sometimes load 75%, pause and load 100% and pause again before the Log in Screen is presented

Running a M2 machine from a cold boot and similar issue only that the Log in screen appears more quickly

Lastly with the M3 machine also from cold boot, much the same as M2, only the Log in Screen will flicker for 1/2 second before Desktop will appear

macOS 15.0 Sequoia is on the initial release and no doubt there are still many updates yet to be released to fix Bugs as they get tested and reported

This issue maybe just one of many issues to be addressed by Apple in near future updates to Sequoia

To help expedite this issue to Apple

Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are PAID  Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

Product Feedback - and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue

Sep 29, 2024 5:19 AM in response to CycleMisfit138

Definitely try the suggest from @BDAqua 😎

If the issue persists, I suspect it is all related to many of What's new in the updates for macOS Sequoia

Pick, Mirroring iPhone to computer, as only one example

All these changes will effect both Intel and Apple Silicon machines

Depending on the specific configuration the user has placed on the computer, the effects can Large or Not so much

Where applicable ?

There are 3 Categories of Third Party Software / Services that are baffling to me.

Why some users insist on installing and using the below software. 

In no special order

Commercial VPNs 

Third Party Security Software 

Third Party Disk Cleaners / Optimizer 

Sep 29, 2024 5:58 AM in response to ct_1991

My issue wasn't exactly like yours (I could log in and enter my password, but it would immediately crash), but this was the fix for me if you don't want to lose your data:

Workaround for macOS Sequoia login screen… - Apple Community

However, from macOS Recovery Disk Utility, I recommend running First Aid on the internal volume to verify the hard drive is healthy.

Log-in issues after Sequoia Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.