5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2010 12:58 PM by tonenakrab
Michael4824 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
I bought a pair of Apple Earphones back in June, as my original pair finally died on me. I've had this pair for two months, and they have started to break on me. (Audio cuts in and out, somethings seems wrong with the jack). I still have the box and the receipt.

Anyways, I'm wondering how I would go through with the warranty replacement? Would I have easier time going to an Apple Store, or would the online be easiest? If I choose the online route, what would be my serial number be? (My iPod Touch is a few years out of warranty).

Thanks for the help. I really don't have the money to spend right now on new headphones...

MacBook Pro 13inch (2.53GHz), Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • ivan54 Level 3 Level 3 (860 points)
    Hi Michael,

If you do have an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider close by, that would be my first choice. With your receipt in hand it seems straight forward for warranty verification. Normally you would use the serial number of the device you use it with for service. With a walk in and the receipt, it seems it would eliminate any questions.

Of course if you are going to an Apple Retail Store, remember to make the Genius Bar appointment first online.

You could also call AppleCare, 800-275-2273.

ivan
  • Michael4824 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Alright, under the "Make a Reservation", I have the choice between "Mac", "iPod", "iPhone", or "iPad". Since their headphones, it would be under iPod, right?

Thanks for the help!
  • ivan54 Level 3 Level 3 (860 points)
    Sorry for not seeing your last question. I was out. Yes, iPod should be fine.
    Of course by now, hopefully you have the replacements.
    And thanks for the star!
    ivan
  • Cyphin Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
    Ya Apple is pretty good about warranty replacements, I bought a pair of apple in ear earphones about 6 months, for some reason this recent time I worked out sweat killed my remote completely, made an appointment went into the Apple store, right then and there they gave me brand new replacements with the case and different head sizes. Apple makes some stupid design flaws but they'll replace it as many times as you ask/
  • tonenakrab Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    if I bought it from the other shop that is not the apple store and i've already lost my bill. How can I do?
    Can I go to the apple store to replace a new one?
    ps. I've bought the apple earphone with remote and mic since 1october2010 and the cable was broken on 6october2010. Please help me.