You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPad Pro 13 M4 E-Sim activation issues

I have recently bought and activated my iPad Pro from USA and just tried to active e-sim from 5 different carriers across multiple countries (EU), but everyone gave me the same error

"E-Sim is not supported" but they assured me that it works on other iPads?

How can I check if it was sim-locked or if it is locked, and if so to what carrier?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 9:17 AM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2024 10:25 AM in response to J0s34h

You might be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians may be able to offer assistance:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Oct 7, 2024 10:03 AM in response to LotusPilot

Well the thing is that I bought it from third party w/o thinking that iPads are lockable, thus why I am so confused as why I can't do it

I checked my IMEI against At&T and had no matches, I think I can test against other databases but my knowledge on what US carriers allow checks is slim

Also what is more confusing is the fact that "Settings -> General -> About" has no "Sim restrictions" field, like iOS does (hope apple ads it in the future if iPads are indeed lockable and I am not having other issues)

iPad Pro 13 M4 E-Sim activation issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.