You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Locked out Apple Account after Access request denied, Who can solve this?

I created a new AppleID to use with Apple Music for Artists. After i logged in and requested to claim my artist page, I was no longer able to access my account. I learned the following:

• Calling Apple Support to re-activate/unlock the account is no longer an option as of 5+ months ago

• Apple support cannot delete the account for you. And even if they could, they said you still couldn't use the email associated with the locked apple account for a new one. The email and the account is stuck in limbo.

I talked to 2 customer service people and 1 who was a senior rep. They all said that there is nothing they can do anymore once the account is deactivated/locked, especially if your request to reactivate it is denied.

My question: where do I go from here? Apple support doesn't have any acces to backend logs. And I can't speak to any engineers. Should I give up on trying to recover the apple account and just create a new email address as well as a new apple account to use with it? It seems like a simple fix. Who has the power to fix this?

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 10:05 AM

Your artist page is locked to the Apple ID it was created with. You cannot create a new Apple ID and expect to access that page. You should still be able to access with your old Apple ID, the one you crated the artist age with in the first place.

Apple’s entire ecosystem was designed for the user having a single Apple ID (now renamed to Apple Account) that everything is locked to.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2024 10:05 AM in response to mac-User98

Your artist page is locked to the Apple ID it was created with. You cannot create a new Apple ID and expect to access that page. You should still be able to access with your old Apple ID, the one you crated the artist age with in the first place.

Apple’s entire ecosystem was designed for the user having a single Apple ID (now renamed to Apple Account) that everything is locked to.

Oct 10, 2024 11:51 AM in response to mac-User98

mac-User98 wrote:

Who has the power to fix this?

We certainly do not. We are users like yourself and cannot do anything with other people's accounts. You're going to have to keep working with official Apple support to see if there is any resolution. For an "inactive" account, the only solution I know of is to contact Apple.

Locked out Apple Account after Access request denied, Who can solve this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.