You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Specific iPhone and specific wifi server not working well together

My iPhone continuously has trouble with the internet server at our house, and the issue seems mainly to be limited to this device. My wife’s iPhone, my iPad, our Macbook all work fine with the server. Sometimes turning off wifi on my phone altogether will do the trick—either relying completely on cellular data, or by turning wifi back on. Sometimes this doesn’t do the trick.

I’ve tried restarting the phone, restarting the server, and the problem doesn’t go away. My phone doesn’t have a problem with other servers, e.g., out at a cafe. It seems maddeningly as if my iPhone 11 (iOS 16.7.1) and our Comcast server simply don’t care for each other’s company.

I can’t say I’m optimistic about an answer to this, but if anyone’s got the slightest guess . . .

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 11:49 AM

1 reply

Oct 11, 2024 1:25 PM in response to Rob Ehle

Rob Ehle wrote:

My iPhone continuously has trouble with the internet server at our house, and the issue seems mainly to be limited to this device. My wife’s iPhone, my iPad, our Macbook all work fine with the server. Sometimes turning off wifi on my phone altogether will do the trick—either relying completely on cellular data, or by turning wifi back on. Sometimes this doesn’t do the trick.

I’ve tried restarting the phone, restarting the server, and the problem doesn’t go away. My phone doesn’t have a problem with other servers, e.g., out at a cafe. It seems maddeningly as if my iPhone 11 (iOS 16.7.1) and our Comcast server simply don’t care for each other’s company.

I can’t say I’m optimistic about an answer to this, but if anyone’s got the slightest guess . . .

Try reset network settings on your phone, you will have to reenter known wifi passwords again.

Specific iPhone and specific wifi server not working well together

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.