You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How Do I Transfer My iPhone Safari Bookmarks and my "On My Phone" Files to Windows 8.1?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer my bookmarks or local files to Windows.

For the files, if I go to iCloud web, I only see the Cloud versions, and if I connect my iPhone directly to PC and use iTunes, it doesn't appear there either.

And normal Plug And Play like what Android does isn't doing anything either, AKA accessing my iPhone like a USB Drive.

And, as for the bookmarks, I can't figure out how to transfer them to PC.

Supposedly, the only way to access my bookmarks on PC is by installing iCloud, AKA either the Microsoft Store App or the direct installer.

Neither of those work. I can't install the Microsoft Store version as that's only for Windows 10 and 11 and I also can't install the latest version of the direct installer as it's only for Windows 10 and 11, as well.

And, if I get the latest version for Windows 8.1, it installs, but when I go to actually log in, it doesn't allow me to log in, because it gives me an error message saying I need to update it to the latest version, but if I use the Apple Update software, it says I have the latest version of both iCloud and iTunes.

I have literally NO Windows 10 PC's or Macs and I don't know or have anyone who does either.

And even if I did, I seriously doubt it'd be a good idea to do this on any PC other than my own since you have to grant authorisation and add the PC to an allow and activation list in iCloud and iTunes and you have to sync the bookmarks directly to a browser such as Chrome and doing that on any browser other than my own wouldn't make any sense unless I then exported it to a file, put it on a USB Flash Drive and transferred it to my own PC, by taking the backup from the Flash Drive, putting it on my PC, and then importing it to Chrome.

But, none of that is possible anyway since I literally have NO access to Windows 10, 11 or Mac. My Windows 8.1 PC is the ONLY device I have other than an iPad.

There's GOT to be a way to transfer my bookmarks and local files to my PC!

iPhone SE, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 12:44 AM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2024 1:30 AM in response to ChristopherJNeff23

Like, I know Apple is famous and notorious for making i`diotic decisions on an everyday basis, but I'm having a hard time believing that even THEY would be THIS s`tupid and i`ncompetent as to COMPLETELY lock one of their customers out of VERY BASIC functionality, AKA my right to accessing MY OWN bookmarks and local files on my PC just because I don't have access to a Mac or Windows 10 or 11 (arguably some of the W`ORST OS's Microsoft has ever produced) since A`ndroid allows the user to access EVERYTHING on their devices just by plugging it into a USB port on a PC running ANY OS and version.

I shouldn't be forced against my will to have to pay to upgrade to a whole new computer (or even just the OS) that I don't need JUST to restore functionality that I literally HAD in the past using this PC. Like, I was able to access my bookmarks on Windows 8.1 through iCloud before, so ripping that away from me is just d`umb.

ESPECIALLY when you consider the fact that not everyone even WANTS a Mac OR a Windows PC and uses something like Linux or BSD on their main Desktop but just happens to own an iPhone and they can't access ANYTHING from it on their PC just because they don't have the EAXCT right Windows OS version or MAC which is a MAJOR r`ights v`iolation BTW.

(I can't WAIT for Apple to get c`lass a`ctioned for their a`nti-c`onsumer B`S!)

Even if I WAS willing to upgrade to 10 or 11, I can't just snap my fingers and magically do it right this second, but I NEED to transfer my local files and bookmarks to my PC RIGHT NOW, and I'm getting P`ISSED!!!

How Do I Transfer My iPhone Safari Bookmarks and my "On My Phone" Files to Windows 8.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.