You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I Can't Access Files Even After Granting Access Via a Request Sent to a Device

I enabled Advanced Data Protection on iCloud recently. I understand that it will make it more difficult to access certain iCloud features when accessing it in a browser. I'm trying to access Drive in a Safari browser on my Mac Mini M2 Pro (running Sequoia 15.0.1). iCloud send an "Access Request" and I receive it on my Mac and iPhone 15 Pro Max. I select Allow yet nothing happens. If I click on Drive gain, I get the same screen (attached). No matter how many times I try and no matter which device I use to grant access, nothing happens. I've tried this on at least 3 different days. What am I missing?

It's not the end of the world if I can't access Drive on a browser. I rarely ever do. It's either via Finder or the Files app on the phone/iPad. So if ADP is preventing, so be it. I'll either live with it or turn it off when I need to use a browser. But if it's supposed to work with granting access, then what's the point if it's not working?

MacBook Air, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 7:52 AM

There are no replies.

I Can't Access Files Even After Granting Access Via a Request Sent to a Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.