You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

keyboard keeps switching from preferred keyboard to different keyboard

my iphone 14’s keyboard keeps glitching. i have an external keyboard (swiftkey) that i prefer to use over the regular keyboards, it’s set as the preferred keyboard in settings. for about a week now i can use that keyboard for ~5 secs to type before my keyboards glitch and it switches to the regular english keyboard (but not the normal one? this is a keyboard without predictive text, autocorrect or swipe-to-type).

ive tried everything to fix it but nothing works. would anyone know a fix to this? its starting to annoy me to no end that i cant type a sentence without my keyboards glitching and losing the entire word i was typing.

(this issue doesnt seem to be related to my external keyboard app, as my partner who doesnt have this app has the same issue with their keyboards)

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 9:46 AM

3 replies

keyboard keeps switching from preferred keyboard to different keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.