You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

What if I do not want I-Cloud??

I have plenty of space on my I-Phone memory. I do not want I-Cloud at all!!! How do I get rid of it?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 5:39 PM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2024 5:41 PM in response to I-CloudNot

Go to Settings > your name

Tap iCloud

Tap See All next to Saved to iCloud. In iOS 17 or earlier, tap Show All under Apps Using iCloud. Tap an app to choose whether to sync or use it with your device or not.

See this article for additional information on disabling iCloud, and see the Turn off iCloud link at the bottom of the page to learn how to disable it entirely: Change which apps sync and store data with iCloud - Apple Support

Oct 13, 2024 5:48 PM in response to I-CloudNot

iCloud is hosted services and storage.

That can include Calendar, Contacts, Mail, iCloud drive, device backups, and many apps and games.

The ability to access iCloud is part of iOS, and is not removable.

You don't need to use iCloud, of course.

Keeping all your data local works great, too. Right up until the first drop, dunk, theft, failure, loss, or whatever else bad might happen to the only copy of your data extant.

What if I do not want I-Cloud??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.