You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to track my lost iPhone on Find My

When I was at the Harris rally this evening in Erie, Pennsylvania, I placed my phone on the security table and it was gone by the time I went through the scanner. No one (the TSA and SWAT team) found it. The Find My app doesn't show the phone's location. Unfortunately, all my credit card information is on it. The good thing is that a user would have to put in the passcode, and there is always the face recognition device. What should I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 6:25 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2024 6:32 PM in response to marymoodey

Someone likely took your phone and either turned it off or put in a Faraday bag to prevent it from being tracked. There are some really bad people out there. The sad reality is most lost phones are never recovered.

The first thing I'd do is contact your carrier and ask them to blacklist the phone so it can't be connected to another network. Also be advised that Apple doesn't get involved in lost or stolen devices, you'll be advised to log into your iCloud account and put it in lost mode. Thieves are very clever and may send you messages purporting to be from Apple asking you to validate your credentials to prove you own the phone. It's a scam. If you respond to them, they'll take over the phone. As long as Find My was enabled, it's passcode protected, they can never get into the phone.

See what to do here --> If your iPhone or iPad was stolen - Apple Support

Unable to track my lost iPhone on Find My

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.